Commercial Water Damage? We are Here to Help!
There's never a convenient time for fire or water damage to strike your business. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So, when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we'll be there fast with the help you need.
How long should I expect water removal to take?
Businesses expect a time-efficient restoration of their premises. Water leaks can lead to loss of revenue, especially for those leasing properties. SERVPRO offers a commercial service that allows property managers to communicate directly with our crew chiefs throughout the service. We can provide you with informed information regarding the length of time we expect a water restoration to take. Equally, our technicians can work around the needs of your business. A space with an isolated area of water damage can allow you to keep your business running while working on the affected area.
Commercial Water Damage Services:
- Arriving on-site within four hours of notification of loss
- Institute of inspection, cleaning, restoration, and certifications (IICRC) qualified technicians
- Twenty-four-hour emergency call line
Is drying the structure important after water removal?
Our services typically cover both the pumping out of the liquid and the drying procedure. Residual moisture can be very harmful to a structure, leading to mold growth, odor, or discoloration. SERVPRO technicians monitor a damaged area repeatedly to ensure that our methods are efficient and achieving the expected outcomes. It is not uncommon for crew chiefs to return every twelve to twenty-four hours to assess our drying procedure's effectiveness. We can also put in place more aggressive drying equipment if necessary, after job monitoring.
Water Removal Equipment:
- Water pumps to remove standing water
- Truck-mounted or portable extractors for residual moisture
- Dehumidifiers and air-movers for the drying process
Water Damage Timeline:
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
SERVPRO of New Center / Highland Park has the training, experience, and equipment to handle large commercial flooding or water damage emergencies. Whether your water emergency occurs in a small office building or big box store, we will respond quickly to mitigate the damage and manage the restoration project through to its completion.