Commercial Air Duct Cleaning
Ventilation systems are often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality. Make it a priority to inspect the ductwork of your home or business.
According to the EPA:
You should consider having the air ducts in your home cleaned if-
- There is substantial visible mold growth inside hard surface ducts or on other components of your heating and cooling system.
- There is an odd smell coming from the duct system.
- Ducts are infested with vermin, e.g. (rodents or insects)
- Ducts are clogged with excessive amounts of dust and debris and/or particles are released into the home from your supply registers.
Some research also suggests that cleaning dirty cooling coils, fans and heat exchangers can improve the efficiency of heating and cooling systems.
Is cleaning my air ducts really that important?
During normal operation, dust can accumulate in ductwork that can lead to microbial growth. Duct cleaning has been shown to reduce this growth, as well as increase the efficiency of your system. In fact, in some cases of extreme buildup, it can increase efficiency as much as 40 percent!
SERVPRO of New Center and Highland Park professionals routinely inspects the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning unit (HVAC). Keeping them clean can extend the life of the equipment. This can, in turn, save you money and give you cleaner air to breathe.
However, duct cleaning is not always necessary. We will make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns. This can save you money and provide peace of mind on the health of your system.
The benefits of servicing your HVAC unit include:
- Helps to restore peak energy efficiency.
- May help to eliminate offensive odors.
- Helps reduce the potential for mold growth.
For more information on HVAC and air duct cleaning or a free quote call us today! 313-379-6768