Preparing Your Restaurant to Reopen
As Michigan begins to reopen, your restaurant will be able to open for dine-in service. It will not go back to the way it was before COVID-19 right off the bat, but it is important to take precautions to protect you, your staff, and your customers to get back to normal. Here are some tips from the National Restaurant Association to help prepare you for reopening:
- Understand the rules and limitations. Not all states will be following the same limitations, follow up on Restaurants Act to find Michigan’s reopening rules.
- Follow established guidelines for reopening safely. Ensure you are following protocols for safe food handling, cleaning, and sanitizing. Implement employee health and hygiene as well as social distancing.
- Deep clean and sanitize your restaurant. Hire a specialty service to deep clean every surface in your restaurant such as SERVPRO. We are uniquely prepared during this unprecedented time to clean and disinfect your restaurant according to the protocols set forth by the CDC. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
- Do not forget to sanitize the drive-thru station and all equipment if you have one. You can check out the CDC guidance and cleaning for more information.
- Rethink the dining room. Space out tables and chairs, even your bar stools. Look into putting barriers between booths.
- Get the word out. Communicate your plans so customers know you are taking proactive measures to provide a safe environment to dine in.
- Update your websites and social media platforms
- Have a sign outside your restaurant or in your window.
- Email blast your customers.
- Implement a “We’re back!” campaign.
Protect your staff and customers with a thorough deep clean from SERVPRO. Our team has been called on by numerous businesses and community leaders to perform the necessary bioremediation services to clean, disinfect and sanitize their properties. We will even provide you with signage to hang in your window for your customers to see. Restaurant workers are serving our friends and families. Allow us to help protect what matters most.